Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I had no idea what to do for this week and the theme ‘Books for Readers Who Like ––’ and of course that means I ended up coming up with something as obvious and unoriginal as this:
Ten Books For Readers Who Like Books That Make Them Laugh.
I don’t know of any reader or person who doesn’t like things that are funny, so my Top 10 might be a little dumb. But still, wit is an important part of the reading experience and these are some of the books – they all happen to be realistic/YA fiction – I’ve found funny over the years and ones that I think, if you have the same sense of humour as I do, you will find funny, too. Of course, there’s a lot more to these books than just being funny (for example some of these books made me cry) and that makes the funny parts all the better. I sincerely recommend all of these novels if you not only want to experience a fantastic novel, but also want laugh out loud (probably good not to read these in public).
1. I Am The Messenger (or The Messenger) by Markus Zusak
2. The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
3. Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
4. Submarine by Joe Dunthorne
5. Solitaire by Alice Oseman
6. Paper Towns by John Green
7. It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizini
8. Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
9. Finding Cassie Crazy (or The Year of the Secret Assignments) by Jaclyn Moriarty
10. The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler