I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Fiona at My Cafe Au Livre. Thanks Fiona!
These are the rules for the Liebster Awards:
- link back and thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- answer the eleven questions they give you
- tag up to eleven blogger who have 200 or less followers
- ask your nominees eleven questions and let them know you tagged them!
Questions from Fiona:
1. What are your favourite authors? I know it’s tough, but I’m not limiting you to a certain number!
Off the top of my head: J.K Rowling, John Marsden, Patrick Ness, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Craig Silvey, Richard Adams, Jeffrey Eugenides.
2. Favorite book as a child? Do you still go back a read it occasionally?
Harry Potter. Yep, not very original but hey. They were the first novels I ever read. I also loved Paul Jennings and Enid Blyton books. I have gone back to read snippets of Harry Potter, though I’m always saying how much I want to re-read the books. I just haven’t managed to yet!
3. Are there any movie adaptations that you prefer over the actual book?
Not that I can think of. There are lots of adaptations I’ve liked a lot, but I’m one of those people who stick close to the whole books are always better thing.
4. If you were the hero/heroine of your own story, what fictional character would you pick as your companion/sidekick?
Great question! And difficult to answer. I’d say Ron, but I couldn’t take him away from Hermione haha. So, I’ll go with Samwise Gamgee. (Clearly I have a thing for redheads).
5. Do you read one book at a time, or do you read multiple at once?
I usually read one book at a time, but I’ve been known to read a couple of books at once if I’m not getting into one of the books straight away. Which is definitely why its taking me too long to read We Need To Talk About Kevin at the moment.
6. If you could read one genre for the rest of the year, what would it be?
YA Contemporary. I admit that some books in that genre I’ve grown out of, but at least I’d be able to easily reach my reading goal if I was only reading YA.
7. What books being released this year are you most looking forward to?
There are quite a lot of books released this year I want to read. My Heart and Other Black Holes, All The Bright Places and Magonia are only a few of them.
8. Where’s you favorite spot to read?
9. Also, favorite beverage while reading?
10. I hate to do this (just kidding, I don’t), but who are your top 5 female characters? What about male?
Gah so hard. I’m just gonna name 5, there are just too many characters I love!
1. Ellie Linton
2. Luna Lovegood
3. Rae Earl (even if I’m technically referring to the TV series Rae)
4. Johanna Morrgian
5. Margo Roth Spiegleman
1. Ron Weasley
2. Todd Hewitt
3. Neville Longbottom
4. Samwise Gamgee
5. Etienne St Clair
11. And finally, what’s next on the TBR list?
I’m not totally sure what I’m gonna to read yet, but it will either be Slaughterhouse-Five, Vivian Apple Versus the Apocalypse or The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Who I’m nominating (sorry if you’ve already been nominated recently or if you have more than 200 followers. If you haven’t done the Liebster Award before you’re also nominated!)
1. Josie at Josies Book Corner
2. Kerry at The Roaming Librarian
3. Eliza at The Bookish Universe
4. Michelle at The Writing Hufflepuff
5. Klaudia at The Observant Girl Book Reviews
1. Favourite book you’ve read this year?
2. Pick a character you like and a song they’d serenade to their other half.
3. A quote that inspires you.
4. A character you’d date if they were real.
5. A book that’s surprised you or a book that you didn’t expect to like.
6. Name an author you’d love to meet and pick their brains.
7. What’s your favourite kind of book to read on a cold, winter day?
8. Do you have a book that you read every year or have re-read more than once?
9. Favourite ending to a book?
10. A book that’s made you cry.
11. A book you believe every booklover should read, no matter their genre preferences.