Top Ten Tuesday is an blog event held by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s pretty awesome so join in if you haven’t already!
To be honest, I’m kinda bad at keeping up with new releases. Like most of us, I have a big big big TBR list and half of them are new releases (which I count from the last few years) and half of them are books released years ago that I still haven’t read. This means that it was a little hard to put together this list because not only have I not really read a lot of new releases lately (or at least not ones I’d classify as favourites), I also couldn’t remember when books were published. Anywho, long story short, I managed to come up with a good 10 books that are definitely all-time favourites and here they are!:
1. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
2. Isla and the Happily Ever After (and prequels) by Stephanie Perkins
(Weird way to put that, but seeing as Anna and Lola were technically published 2010 and 2011…)
3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
(so so good and heartbreaking!)
4. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
(a wonderful modern epic, coming-of-age novel…just brilliant).
5. Just One Day (and sequels) by Gayle Forman
(I don’t know about you but I kind of dream of meeting a hot European and falling in love while overseas… even if it does lead to a lot of heart ache).
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
(aww this novel is so adorable).
7. How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran
(simply hilarious, gritty and superb).
8. Every Day by David Levithan
(so creative, so sad, so beautiful).
9. More Than This by Patrick Ness
(a truly inventive remaking of the afterlife, great character story, wonderful).
10. Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson
(cute and romantic christmas story perfect for reading in bed on a cold winter day).
So there you have it. What books made it in your top ten? 🙂