Hi everyone, I’m back! It’s been a crazy week and a half moving out of my old house and into my new house, dealing with internet problems and now, very unfortunately, my computer has decided to crash again so I’ve been tirelessly trying to get that to work but it looks like I’ll be taking it to Apple. So I’ll be using my iPad to blog until that’s all fixed – though it is a shame that the internet we have doesn’t quite reach my bungalow where my computer lives, so my iPad might be my primary blog poster for quite awhile.
Anyway, I’m blabbing on.
Hope everyone has had a great January 2015 so far! Mines been quite busy, as I’ve said, so I haven’t had a lot of time for reading and writing (though that hasn’t really been available to me the last few days without my computer). Point is, I’ve not been able to have a good start on my reading and writing goals for 2015 so far. Bummer!
1. Write short stories weekly to post on Figment or my blog or to enter into competitions or just for myself. Some of the stories might be really short or longer, but I like the idea of creating a collection of short stories/poems and practicing my writing skills that way.
2. Write my novel! I’m planning on writing the first draft before I go to Vietnam in May. I don’t know how well I’ll go with that, but I’ll be writing my hardest once everything is sorted.
3. Read AT LEAST 60 books. Hopefully I’ll read more than that and I do plan on committing to some reading challenges and to read books that I wouldn’t usually. As much as I love YA, I’d really like to branch out more.
4. And lastly, a goal that has nothing to do with books and writing is just to have a good year and hopefully a better year than the last one!
January Reading List
It’s likely that I won’t quite get through this list, but anyhow. I’ve chosen them mainly because they’re the books I have on hand from the library at moment. I’ve already read one and am half-way through another (which I’m not really enjoying much so far) so I’ll be starting reviews ASAP.
1. One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva
2. Beware The Wild by Natalie C. Parker
3. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
5. The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan
6. Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan
7. The Whole Stupid Way We Are by N. Griffin
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
And there you have it. Happy January everyone!