A very big thank you to Liza of Paperback Wanderings for nominating me for my third Liebster Award (well, first with the new logo!). The rules for Liebster Award nominations are pretty simple. 1) Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. 2) List 11 facts about yourself. 3) nominate some fellow bloggers with 200 followers or less.
The questions I was asked by Liza:
1. What was the first book you ever read?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was the first novel I read. But I’d read plenty of children’s books before that. I also enjoyed reading a lot of Enid Blyton, Paul Jennings and C.S Lewis.
2. Have you ever had a book hangover? (i.e. unable to read anything or pretty much focus on life because of a book)
Yes. I have. With Harry Potter, of course. And probably others.
3. What’s the weirdest book you’ve ever read?
Good question. Probably Vurt by Jeff Noon.
4. How is book blogging working out for you – what are the highs/lows you’ve experienced?
It’s been really enjoyable. I love having the chance to blog about books I like/or don’t like and sharing them with other readers. I haven’t really experienced any lows, except perhaps feeling like I haven’t posted as regularly as I could and feeling a bit stressed about it. But generally I feel good blogging and it’s just fun.
5. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
I don’t know if “avoiding” is quite the right word, but yes, there are quite a few books I would have read when I was younger that I haven’t been interested in reading now/or I’ve forgotten about. For example, I still haven’t read the last two of the Hush, Hush series or the final of the Matched series. And I definitely didn’t read the last of the Fallen series. Never will.
6. Do your friends come to you for recommendations?
Not really. My friends don’t really read. They might if they did. I have good taste haha.
7. Say you had a fire and you could only choose to save one book off your shelf, which would you pick, and why?
Oh man……….I’d say the whole Harry Potter series but seeing as I can only chose one book…
My copy of Watership Down.
8. Is there a character you initially liked but later started disliking?
Um….. Bella Swan? Thought she was okay in the first book, but then she got…well. Extremely annoying.
9. Do you have a specific way that you organise your bookshelves?
Well. My bookshelf is very full. It has four sections and I’ve (mostly) sorted it out into different sections. Favourites/Fantasy/SciFi, Favourites/YA Contemporary, Classics and Books I’ve Had For Years.
10. What upcoming 2015 book are you most excited about reading?
Now I feel like a bad booklover… To be honest, I don’t actually have any 2015 releases on my reading list… I guess I’ve been trying to catch up on all the books I haven’t read over the years that I haven’t yet looked at what’s coming out next year. I’m sure there’ll be plenty though!
11. What book do you wish everyone would read?
A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. Seriously read it. It’s amazing and it will make you cry and feel so much.
11 Facts About Me
1. I’m going to Hanoi, Vietnam in May for seven weeks to volunteer. I’ll be doing a Care Project with children. So excited!
2. I currently work in a bakery but I’ll be quitting after Christmas and finding a new job because the pay is crap. Finding a job is so stressful though!
3. My family and I are currently looking for another house to rent and move into the start of next year. We’ve applied for one in Viewbank and if we get it I’ll have the whole downstairs area to myself :).
4. I’ve started writing my second novel but it’s not going so well (yet).
5. At the moment I have a huge crush on Nico Mirallegro (and his character Finn Nelson on My Mad Fat Diary) and I’m watching anything he’s in I can get my hands on.
6. I really like to sing and I’m really keen to start learning the guitar…one of these days.
7. I’ve had the fortune of being in love twice. You could also call it misfortune, but I’ll stay optimistic.
8. I love the beach and really want to go to the beach right now.
9. Chef is my new favourite movie (well, it’s been added to the list, anyway).
10. My favourite thing to do is stay in bed all day with a good book.
11. I’m introverted and socially awkward – especially striking up a conversation with people I don’t know.
Eh… I’m sorry I’m not going to nominate anyone in particular. It’s hard to keep track of those who have and haven’t already been nominated. So I’d like to nominate EVERYONE who has under 200 followers and hasn’t been nominated before. Please, considers yourselves nominated. I love all my followers and don’t want to single anyone out. 🙂
My Questions for Anyone Who Wants To Answer Them
1. Chose a book and then chose a few songs you think would be perfect for the soundtrack if this book were to be made into a film.
2. What’s your favourite Shakespeare quote?
3. What’s your process for deciding what book to read next?
4. How do you organise your TBR?
5. What’s your favourite Classic?
6. If you could be any fictional character, in a book or film, who would it be?
7. Favourite Disney/animation film?
8. One word that best describes you.
9. First place you’d love to travel to if you had the money/time?
10. Your dream?
11. Is there anything you regret?
Link me to your posts in the comments below if you decide to answers these questions and make your own Liebster Award post 🙂