Here are the questions I was asked:
1. When did you first realize that you loved reading?
In my primary school, like many do, we had reading time in the afternoons. Our teacher read us Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, and I loved it. I guess that peaked my interests. My Mum read me Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets after that, but then I decided I wanted to read them myself. So I started from the beginning, and that was when I started loving to read. I was 9.
2. Have you ever read a book that made you so distraught that you couldn’t even think about reading again for a while? If so what is it?
The Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah is one of my favourite books and it upset me a lot when I read it. It didn’t really make me want to stop reading, though. I don’t think any book could ever do that.
3. Favourite Genre to read?
YA Contemporary Literature, I think.
4. What book have you read the most?
Harry Potter, so many times I’ve lost count. Other books I’ve at least re-read twice or three times are The Tomorroe Series, The Sky is Everywhere, Paper Towns, Anna and the French Kiss (my comfort read) and I’d definitely read Watership Down and the Chaos Walking Trilogy again.
5. Favourite character in a book that was not the main character?
Does Ron Weasley count? He’s probably my favourite character of all time, so I hope he does. If he doesn’t then… damn I can’t think of any right now. Ron Weasley. Take it or leave it.
6. A book that made you laugh?
Dammit. All my answers are pretty much all Harry Potter man.
Also, Jasper Fforde’s Shade of Grey. I think I remember laughing a fair bit.
7. Do you prefer reading a book or reading an e-book?
A book!! Give me the real thing any day.
8. The author you would most like to meet and why?
I would say J.K Rowling…
But I’ll say John Marsden instead. I mean, he’s a pretty cool dude. And a wonderful writer :).
9. What is your favourite pet from a book?
Do the wild rabbits in Watership Down count? If so, Fiver.
If not, Manchee (Chaos Walking).
10. Name a book that you have read because you watched the movie or tv show.
The Hunger Games.
Yep, sorry. I saw the film first. Was a little slow getting on that wagon.
My questions for you (some are a bit dumb, sorry!):
1. What is your favourite novel?
2. Do you read poetry? If so, who is your most admired poet?
3. What makes you do the thing you love the most, be it writing or anything else?
4. What song lyrics mean the most to you?
5. Books or films?
6. Who is your favourite Harry Potter character? (assuming you have one…If you don’t, just your favourite fictional character, or even historical hero, etc).
7. What’s your favourite book cover?
8. Have you ever read manga? If not, will you ever?
9. What is something you always take everywhere with you?
10. What is your favourite adaptation of a book?
11. If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?
Here are the blogs I nominate! Apologies for there not being 11. Unfortunately, the majority of blogs I was following have more than 200 followers, so I had to dig around for newbies (though none of them are as new as me!). Please have a look at these blogs, they are all amazing :).